“You Like Me…. You Really, Really Like Me” – Sally Fields inaccurate Pop Culture Quote from her acceptance speech for her 1985 Academy Awards win for Best Actress for Places in the Heart, after having won the same award in 1980 for Norma Rae. (Actual quote — “You like me right now, you like me!”).
Thank you Sheila Marie Grimes, Alzheimer’s Trail for the Liebster Linking Heart Award. I am humbled by your nomination, knowing that you have retired from your career and moved your mother in your home while she has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. You are a true inspiration and role model. I look forward to reading your writings while you are on the Alzheimer’s Trail. May you have many beautiful moments with your mother.
Thank you World Wife Traveler for The Versatile Blogger Award, this is the kind of affirmation that keeps me inspired. After reading about your Asian stint now the second time around, you are a World Wife Traveler for sure and I truly enjoy reading about your adventures. Best wishes on your journey.
Thank you Sandra of The Adored Home. I have really enjoyed reading your about your adored home and family. I feel as if I know you so well even though you are miles and miles and an ocean away and we have never met. This is exactly why I love to follow bloggers like you. You bring your readers into your inviting home and share your love for all things design. I am pleased that I inspired you with my blog and I look forward to reading more of your future post. Best wishes for you and your family.
Thank you to Sherri Matthews, A View From My Summerhouse, for nominating my blog for The Liebster Award. This is no Academy Award, but as a blogger sharing your thoughts, journeys, creative side or just trying to educate others on your expertise is sometimes a lonely place as you may be sitting anywhere in the world and trying to inspire others or just keep yourself inspired.
The Liebster Award originated in Germany and was set up as a way to discover new blogs.
After accepting the Liebster Award – The rules are simple:
- The important bit is to post the award on your blog – after all, you earned it!
- Next, the other really important bit is to thank the blogger presenting you with this award and provide a link back to their blog – duly done, as above!
- You then need to write 11 random facts about yourself – could be dangerous, this bit!
- One good turn deserves another, meaning, you then need to find 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think are deserving of the award so that you can then nominate them! In other words, keep the love going
- Finally, the award presenter will ask 11 questions of you which you need to answer and then you, in turn, ask your nominees 11 questions, and so it goes.
After giving it some thought here are some random facts about me:
- My husband and I married after dating only three months. We have now been happily married 16 years.
- I have three amazing children, I had my last child at age 43.
- As a young teenager I worked at my fathers dude ranch and took guest on 8 hour trail rides in the mountains alone, I was only 14. That was crazy!
- I am on my third expat experience.
- In our home if someone says a group of words that matches a lyric to any song from any era, my husband and I burst out singing that song that shares that lyric. Drives our 14 year old crazy.
- I grew up using my middle name all through my school years and endured jokes and rhymes, “Plain Jayne and Where’s Tarzan”. As soon as I left my hometown I went by my first name, Constance and I have never regretted it.
- I love Peanut M&M’s, will not eat plain M&M’s
- I cry during touching movies, TV shows, news stories and even commercials.
- I had a dream come true of working in New York during Fashion Week while working for an Apparel Marketing Group.
- I wish I could have trained to be a dancer.
11 questions Sherri asked for me to share:
- How long did you think about starting a blog before you actually did it? 3 months – 2013 is the year I decided I am going quit dreaming and actually put ideas in motion.
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would do? Build my dream home
- Who do you most admire? Any woman that can make it to the top without screwing others to get there
- If you could have any car what would it be? Range Rover HSE
- What is your favourite flower? Any flower my four year old picks and brings to me.
- What is your favourite all-time movie? Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (reminds me of my Texas and family roots).
- What was your worst subject in school? Mathematics
- Of all the books you’ve read, which has had the most impact?
- Have you ever seen a ghost? No, but I have seen Jesus (s0unds insane, but is true)
- What is your favourite desert? Chocolate Croissant
- If a movie was made about your life which actor would play you? Sarah Jessica Parker or Juliann Moore (I hear all the time that I look like them, although I do not see the resemblance).
Well here are my questions for the 11 blogs I am nominating for The Liebster Award…
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your hidden talent?
- What is something you have been procrastinating on that you know in your heart you should do?
- What is your favorite meal to prepare?
- Are you a pessimist or an optimist?
- Where is the most interesting place you have visited?
- What is the one item you use everyday that is not electronic that you would not want to live without?
- Do you believe in True Love?
- Do you think you are on the right path in your life? Why or why not?
- Dog or Cat Person?
The blogs which I am passing the torch to for the Liebster Award are….
- Expatriate Life
- Gypsy In The ME
- Rosemarie in Europe 2013
- Cheryl Peddie
- House Appeal
- Expatially Mexico
- Coxal Collaborative
- Imagine Your Homes
- Love Letters to Home
- The Adored Home
I hope you will accept your nomination. I enjoy each one of your blogs and look forward to reading more from your daily journeys to your DIY projects.
Thank you again Sherri for the nomination, Please find a moment to read Sherri Matthews, A View From My Summer Home, you will not be disappointed.
*After doing some quick research on what is exactly The Liebster Blog Award, I found this interesting search by http://sopphey.onimpression.com/2012/05/liebster-blog-award-origins.html
- PHOTO: Sally Field’s First Oscars (huffingtonpost.com)