I am living in an Expat State of Mind and daring to find “The American Dream” outside our home country.
My first experience as an Expat was in Germany, where my husband was stationed while serving in the United States Air Force. We fell in love with Europe from its architecture, food, wine and inviting way of life.
Once our time was spent in Germany we left for our home country to start our careers. After two economic downturns which affected my husbands career directly, we decided to take our family on a journey to find our “American Dream” outside of America.
This blog is for anyone that has moved away from home whether it is across their home country or to the other side of the world. I hope I will inspire you to incorporate the taste and feel of your past home or to add new ideas to make your new place feel like home.
My husband and I currently live in the Middle East with our three children and Chihuahua. I am learning everyday how I can adapt, create and inspire in our new home, come join me.
Wishing you the best on your new journey and making your new place feel like home.
- Feels like home… (expatstateofmind.wordpress.com)
- Cappucino is sexier than a glass of wine? (expatstateofmind.wordpress.com)
- How to plan a wedding abroad: Advice from expats and travel bloggers (expatedna.com)
- Practice your English by Moving to Berlin! (andrewhammel.typepad.com)
- Apartments Around the World: Renting in Buenos Aires – Rent.com | The Shared Wall (rent.com)
- IKEA hacks – perfect ideas for your home! (expatstateofmind.wordpress.com)