Whether you are living large or feeling cramped, we all need a place where we can feel productive, be creative and get organized.
I have lived in a 350 sq ft space with my husband and daughter who was only 4 at the time and I have lived in a couple of places that were over 3,000 sq ft. Where ever we have moved, I had to create a place where I could be creative, work from home and feel organized or it just did not feel like home.
If you are fortunate enough, your new space provides a great place to do all kinds of things that make you feel like home.
Here are some great ideas for your home office/creativity room/homework space that have the space to spread out!
The place we are renting now has an extra open plan room that I want to use for my home office/creativity space/play room for my two youngest kids. The ceilings soar and the space is big so I need to plan it well and find a budget. As an expat the case is usually that you leave your home furnishings behind in storage. Not wanting to spend a lot on furniture should we move sooner than later, I am working on getting creative and will update my space once it happens. Wish me luck on trying to nail a space like the ones above!
Do you have space envy? Do not fret I have found some great ideas for you to create in your home that will make you feel productive, creative and organized!
I have found that it is actually easier to make a small space more cozy. You just have to be creative, de-clutter and think outside the box! Plus it is less costly to furnish a small workspace.
Here are some ideas to inspire you:
I know I went crazy posting so many small work spaces, and there were tons more! Just shows you can make any space work, even small ones! I have had plenty of workspaces in a closet and they were all spaces which I could feel inspired to do what ever I needed to do to seize the day!
Wishing you to best on creating a work place/creativity space or what ever space you need to feel like home!
- A Dozen Home Workspaces (home-designing.com)
- Creating an Environment That Nurtures Your Creativity (psychcentral.com)
- Monday Inspiration – New workroom (worldofwhimm.com)
- Interiors: 5 Ways to Love Your Space (arhitekturaplus.wordpress.com)
- 5 Creative Ways to Hide Clutter (dangerouslee.biz)
- Space: A New Perspective for Your Time Management Problem (projectwhitespace.com)
- Multipurpose furniture saves precious space (mnn.com)
- Ideas for Fitting a Workspace into Kitchen/Dining Room? – Good Questions (apartmenttherapy.com)